Why should I have my nails put in an "expensive" salon?
A nail stylist who has followed a thorough training works:
- hygienic, all instruments are cleaned after each customer in an ultrasonic cleaner, (this is also used by dentists and surgery)
- with right products (matched and without MMA)
- can recognize possible nail abnormalities and refer you to the doctor if necessary.
Horror nails are created by:
- erroneous unprofessional treatments,
-not clean / hygienic work,
- plaster nails from the drugstore,
- MMA used at most Asian salons and on the black market. (often recognizable by a very strong smell),
- Unbranded jars (So you do not know as a customer what products, ingredients and possible harmful substances work),
- not cleaning files after every customer.
How do you know if you have solar or MMA nails?
A few things that are often recognizable
- Unbranded jars (So you do not know as a customer what products, ingredients and possible harmful substances are used)
- very strong smell of the liquid.
- no certificates on the wall
- often Asian salons
Check the link below for more information about MMA and what it can do with your nails / skin, etc.
All products used by Lilly Nails are free of MMA (Methyl Methacrylate).
What is MMA ( Methyl methacrylate) :
Physical and chemical properties:
MMA is a clear, colorless, flammable liquid with a sharp smell. The
compound can easily polymerise under the influence of light, heat, oxygen, ionizing radiation and catalysts.
MMA is used in paints, acrylic emulsions, polyvinyl additives, fibers and unsaturated polyester resins, and is used in acrylic plastic (plexiglas, perspex), prostheses (such as bone cement and
dentures) and as a coating of contact lenses.